Clean PNG - Adobe Photoshop tutorial
- Added: Jan 29th, 2006
- Level: Easy
- Author: Karinium
- Program version: Eleme
- Reads: 29,174
- Description: Grainy and dull PNGs will no longer be part of your graphics!
Making transparent PNGs and cleaning them are two completely different things. Don't you have it when you extract a dull, grainy image? I'll show you how to make your PNGs nice and bright! (Whoa. I sound like a commercial producer!)
1. We start off with our dull, grainy PNG.
2. Duplicate the layer. Select the new, duplicated layer. Go to Filter > Noise > Median and set it at 6.
3. Set the Layer mode for this layer to either Overlay or Softlight.
4. If you are happy with your image now, yuor finished. But if your image still looks a bit grainy, click on the first layer and got to Filter > Blur > Blur More. Looks better now! Let's compare:
Tutorial © Karinium. Do not reproduce in any way without previous permission from the author.